The past couple of days there have been e-mails sent out to AlertPay members (I’ve gotten like 6 of them) that say blah blah blah….. change your password….blah. It then has various links to click where you can change your password.

This e-mail, despite that fact that the logic they use is kind of screwy, looks pretty legitimate. Its NOT though. Do not click the links, just delete it. If you check the properties of the links they don’t go to www.alertpay.com they go to www.aiertpay.com (see picture below)

If you have clicked these links and changed your password do the following as quickly as possible. Change your password again if the scammers haven’t already switched it, and tell AlertPay. Hopefully you don’t end up losing money on this.

I’ll hand it to them it is pretty clever, I had to look twice before I realized that it wasn’t Alertpay.com

2 comments

  1. Anonymous // July 31, 2008 at 7:26 AM  

    I got this e-mail too. I was probably going to fall for it too but luckily i was lazy and said to myself ill do it later. A friend told me that it was fake. Lucky me

  2. Anonymous // August 15, 2008 at 2:11 PM  

    I got a few of these too and had a feeling they were fake right away so I didn't do it but instead typed www.alertpay.com in and went to their site on my own and I didn't see anything in my account about changing my password so I didn't.

    If your not sure of an email being legit, you should just type the websites url in yourself and log in your account, and check for yourself. If they want you to change your password there will be a message in your account too.